Boys Skills & Play
WHAT IS “BOYS SKILLS & PLAY” ?
In this program, male athletes learn the core dynamics of in-game plays, situations and strategies to better prepare for their upcoming volleyball season or tryouts. By reviewing the fundamentals of the game and teaching new techniques this program shapes the athletes into well-rounded volleyball players who are able to cover all skills and positions on the court.
Some prior experience is necessary.
- Improves knowledge of volleyball fundamentals and rules
- Builds individual volleyball skills
- Prepares students for upcoming volleyball try-outs/season
- Identifies their desired position as a volleyball player
- Locations: Riverside Park / Loyola / St David’s
- Age Groups: Grades 6th-12th
- What to Wear/Bring:
- Water bottles: All locations have water fountains nearby to refill your bottles.
- Knee pads: These are necessary (Available for purchase for $25)
- Athletic Wear: Gym shorts, sweatpants, track pants, t-shirts, etc. (No jeans, flannels, button downs, skirts, dresses etc.)
- Gym sneakers or Volleyball shoes: No Converses, Air Force 1s, Uggs, heels, boots, etc.
- No jewelry allowed on the court (necklaces, chains, earrings, bracelets, etc.)
Note: From shoes to shirts, proper attire is IMPORTANT for everybody on the court’s safety! Coaches may refuse the athlete if athlete is NOT dressed according to dress code