Protocols & Procedures
COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures
We at HOT Volleyball NYC continue to make every effort to conform to local, state, and national COVID-19 guidelines as we move forward. In spite of the challenges, we have successfully conducted numerous indoor and outdoor sessions since June, 2020 and have been blessed with great parents, coaches, and athletes all working together to keep everyone safe.
Here are some things you should know about what we are doing to ‘stay safe’;
- Students must bring their own water bottles clearly labeled with their name.
- We have air purifiers throughout the whole building and proper ventilation throughout the gym.
- HOT athletes are the only people in the entire building during our sessions and no spectators are allowed; only the participants and coaches.
- We take time between each class to conduct sanitizing and cleaning procedures, which includes sanitizing all the balls before and after use as well as rotating through balls so there are some ready for the next session.
- We have hand sanitizer throughout the session and during breaks.
- Masks are required to be worn the whole time for all athletes and coaches. Social distancing is also required and athletes are spaced out for rest periods – this requirement applies to even small groups (like 2 or 3).
- Athletes are required to inform us if there is any known exposure from their schools or family and must conduct mandatory quarantine or provide a negative testing result to re-join our training groups.
Thanks so much for your cooperation and support during these unusual times. It is through our willingness and ability to adapt that we will be successful in achieving our goals.